My Interdisciplinary Collaboration
Reflection
Looking at my map and comparing it to other fellow colleagues it becomes clear that I can't settle for one potential growth goal. As an immigrant and fairly new teacher I lack the extensive network that other colleagues have. A major obstacle, as I have mentioned earlier in one of my blogposts and one of the key findings from my literature review, is finding the time, in which way ever, to collaborate. Personally I'm still not satisfied with the connections and collaborations I have engaged in my current school. Teachers there have so many ideas, passion and knowledge to share but we have barely found the time to scratch at the surface.
![]() |
| Image Credit: Pete Reynolds and Gary Stager |
Future potential networking goals
One of my future goals is being more involved in online networks. Using these online channels looking after personal connections and deepen the collaboration or at least share good practice and stay in the loop with developments here, in the States and in Germany.
Secondly, having a new position next year it will be crucial to enhance the interdisciplinary collaboration with outside agencies to bring additional expertise into the school. My challenge will be to establish these connections and then engage and use them to create curriculum overarching idea generation and planning. One area this needs to happen is the planning, outfitting and running of a school TV station and radio. Members of the staff have connections with school community members who are working in the industry, my job is to bring them in to support the process and listen to their expertise.
My role will be to bring together these outside experts, school management, ICT professional development provider and our own systems administrator to collaborate, plan and create a road map for the project. In a second stage I will contact my network to find out where similar projects are running in schools to research their experiences and interdisciplinary curriculum integration.


No comments:
Post a Comment